Saturday, April 4, 2009

greetings!

greetings! funny, i use that word alot. it's definetly because when i was young, my dad got his feelings hurt that no one "greeted" him at the door when he got home from work. so after communicating his needs (like a good marriage counselor does), i heard him out as a young girl and from that day on, every night when he came home, i would run to the door and yell "greetings!". now we do that for cooper when he gets home from school, and he (like my dad) really likes it:)

so how was your weekend? mine was absolutely wonderful. maybe my favorite weekend in a really long time-probably because we had no plans, therefore no expectations. it started out with my friend jordan calling and offering to watch our kids on friday night. we have this swap deal worked out and it just so happened that she was free! so coop and i went out to dinner, and out shopping for some surprise gifts for the kids. Lulu was in major need of some new princess shoes...and we got suckered into a few more things on our way to the cash register. seriousely, who can pass up a vintage-looking Belle and Cars tshirt? not us apparently. then we rented a movie and of course within ten minutes of starting it, i was out.

this morning we tackled the grocery list as a family. might sound crazy, but we went to three places for groceries!! this has probably been my greatest frustration living in this incredible city. grocery shopping is crazy expensive, so now after many months of studying prices, i've got it pretty much figured out. we started at ALDI's, then to Trader Joes and ended with Super Target. later on after naps, we went to the park and then shopping for house plants/flowers.i'm such a sucker for quality time with my family. and now my weekend/week is just about to get better because my sis in law/dear friend, Courtney and her husband Tom are coming for two days! and then Gogo and Pops for Easter (Coop's parents)! I will definetly post pics.

before i sign out, i can't forget some memorable hayhay and lulu moments from the weekend. let's see...hayden took his dipe off, climbed up on my desk in the pantry (yes, my "office"is in our pantry) and peed. lulu woke up sad from her nap today (lil+nap=miracle) so hayden decided he wanted to hold her in his arms, kiss and rock her like she was a baby. lulu used the word "consequence" for the first time and we discovered that hayden's feet have grown a lot. the poor buddy has been wearing a size 6 shoe all this time and we found out today that he's a size 8. no wonder why he always takes his shoes off! :(

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you wrote your blog. . .I felt like it was written just to me (except for the part where you had to explain who GoGo and Pops are), it was so personal. . .have fun with all of your family company! So great! I cannot wait to see pics! And I love the new flower pic at the top of your page!!!

    ReplyDelete